Edgeware’s business model is to develop, market and sell streaming solutions to customers that require effective solutions for distributing TV and video content to viewers over IP.
Edgeware’s hardware and software products, sold as comprehensive system solutions, are priced based on the functions that the customer wants and their distribution and capacity requirements, meaning the volume of video that needs to be distributed and the number of simultaneous viewers. Edgeware’s services are offered as a supplement to its hardware and software products. Service and maintenance services are priced as annual fees based on the list prices of the products and the scope of the customer’s service needs. Edgeware’s Professional Service is sold as a consulting service on a project basis.
- Sales growth: Edgeware’s target is to achieve annual organic sales growth of more than 20 percent.
- Profitability: Edgeware’s target is to achieve a long-term operating margin (EBIT margin) of more than 15 percent.
- Capital structure: Edgeware’s capital structure is to enable a high degree of financial flexibility and provide scope for acquisitions. The company’s target is for its net indebtedness to amount to a maximum of two times its EBITDA for the most recent 12-month period.
- Dividend policy: over the coming years, Edgeware’s cash flow will be used to finance its continued development and expansion as well as potential acquisitions, which means that no dividends are expected to be paid.
Strengths and competitive advantages
- Structural shifts in the market enabling streaming technology
- Well positioned to capitalize on changing market dynamics
- Strong growth in Edgeware’s market
- Powerful solution based on industry-leading streaming technology
- Attractive customer value based on architecture, scalability, viewing experience, insight and control
- High and profitable growth with the potential for high operating leverage
Clear strategy for achieving continued growth
- Increase sales to existing customer base
- Development of the sales organization and increased sales to new customers
- Leverage the strong embedded operating leverage in the business model
- Selective acquisitions